Come and work with us
Job title: Learning & Development Partner
Working for: Think Productive HQ
Start date: ASAP, flexible for the right person.
Location: Remote, with a trip to Brighton HQ approx. once a quarter (paid for by Think Productive)
Salary: £35,000 pa
Your hours: 8.5 hours per day, including 1 hour paid lunch
Your days: 5 Day Week for the first 3 months (giving you the space to gain confidence in your role and responsibilities), then moving to our 4 Day Week (on the same salary and holiday allowance!).
Your holidays: 28 Days (inc. Bank Hols) + 2 Duvet Days + Birthday off
- Flexible around Core hours 10am – 3pm (UK)
- Flexible on the 4 weekdays you choose to work (but they should be the same every week)
Extras: Company phone, laptop & monitor
Our culture: Supportive, trusting team environment where we encourage autonomy, looking after your wellbeing and a growth mindset.
Aim of the role
Think Productive have always been known as the “Productivity Ninja” people, and that’s brilliant, but we are ready to come out of our box!
We’ve built up an amazing network of experts over the years and we can help our clients in so many more ways. Our forward-thinking clients trust us to deliver sticky, thought-provoking learning and we’ll be building on this reputation to broaden how we can help them and their people.
As well as the Productivity and Wellbeing programmes that our Clients know and love, they can now come to us for Leadership & Inspiration, Mental Health First Aid and other complementary topics and star expert speakers, all bookable via our exceptional Client Services team.
We’re incredibly ambitious and our goal is to become a Learning & Development icon (the training provider everyone wants to work with!) by 2050. To get there, we need to fully embrace and nurture our Client relationships. That’s where you come in!
As Think Productive’s L&D Partner, your role is all about becoming the Key Learning Partner for our Clients.
This is a Business Development role with a difference.
- We do not expect every Client conversation you have to result in a sales opportunity for TP (that’s why this role does not have commissions).
- Instead, we see every interaction as an opportunity to better support, service and champion our Clients.
- You’ll be developing an intimate understanding of our Clients’ learning and organizational plans, goals and challenges, so that they know they can come to us as their key external partner and sounding board, to listen, support, share our cross-industry insights and connections.
Reporting to: Elena Kerrigan, Think Productive MD
- Building partnership-focussed relationships with our Clients to ensure their people are on track post-programme and that they’re maximising the impact of our work.
- Supporting our Clients as an external L&D sounding board on any challenges or organizational strategic plans, sharing our own cross-industry insights and discovering new ways we can further service or support their people.
- Handling inbound enquiries and calls through to close and beyond, always responding with integrity and impartiality to find the best solutions for our Clients.
- Developing Sales Proposals or Tender Responses.
- Working alongside our Consultants on Client nurture & sales work.
- Guardianship of Opportunities, Accounts and Contacts in our CRM (Zoho CRM).
Global Business Development:
- Collaborating with our Think Productive Global Licensees to proactively encourage global referrals and introductions.
- Collaborating with our Head of Brand to produce reports, pulling out relevant trends to inspire and support marketing campaigns.
- Keeping an eye on relevant learning trends and opportunities for new ways to service our clients and learners.
- Connecting with and engaging with our Clients & network on LinkedIn to help us understand what’s important in their world.
- Providing ad hoc or holiday cover for the Client Services Manager who manages the logistics for our workshops – ensuring peace of mind for our clients, delegates and Productivity Ninjas. (All our team members and Managers do this as we see it as an opportunity to get to know and to service our clients very directly).
Who we’re looking for
- You have a strong background in Learning & Development, understanding the importance and value of investing in personal and professional growth;
- You’re ambitious to achieve Think Productive’s bold growth strategy, but remain consultative in your business development style, entering each Client interaction with a partnerships-focused approach;
- You’re genuinely curious, have honed exceptional listening skills and delight in conversations with decision-makers from all sorts of organizations, big or small (on the phone, zoom or in person);
- You’re commercially smart, able to clearly articulate how we can support and add value and can confidently close a deal;
- Ideally, you have been on the Client-side of TP training, love what we do and are excited and motivated to spread the joy of transforming work for the better;
- You’re self-motivated, disciplined and resilient;
- You enjoy and appreciate the flexibility of working from home (whilst able to keep a clear divide between work and home);
- You’re happy and confident spending long periods on your own (although you won’t be alone virtually!);
- You have a relaxed, confident (and human!) phone/zoom manner;
- You’re friendly, kind, compassionate and a good team player.
About your new company
Think Productive achieves great things with its relatively small HQ team and we have big ambitions to make work better for knowledge workers across the world!
- 5 TPHQ Core Staff (plus our network of Productivity Ninjas, Subject-Matter Experts & Support).
- Think Productive is global! We have licensees in the US, Canada, Western Europe, Australia & New Zealand.
- Our HQ staff work a 4-day week, and work one Friday a month (our “overflow” and business continuity day).
- We teach businesses how to “Make Space for What Matters” and the best techniques to succeed in office-based roles (whilst maintaining a healthy work-life balance). We’ll teach this to you as well, so you’ll end up super-charging your own productivity and wellbeing skills!
- We encourage everyone to eat their lunch AWAY from their desks for a full hour, and to take plenty of breaks throughout the day, to keep their minds fresh.
- Except on rare emergencies, we do not contact each other outside of normal office hours so we never expect our team to work or think about work once they’ve left the “office”. We respect each other’s time and need to disconnect from work.
- We have an incredibly flat structure and every team member is crucial to Think Productive’s success, so we welcome ideas and strategic thinking from everyone. We are honest, helpful and human. We see mistakes as “improvement opportunities” from which we as individuals, teams or the organization can learn and grow from.
How to apply
Send your CV, Linkedin Profile and a cover email with the reasons you’re the person for the job to Elena at email@example.com
Closing Date: Midday (UK) Monday 11th April 2022
Interview(s): Week beginning Monday 25th April over Zoom.