The holiday season is in full swing, and with Christmas Day just a few weeks away, consider this your last opportunity to exercise a bit of festive Ninja preparedness! After all, you wouldn’t catch a Productivity Ninja in the chaos of Christmas Eve shopping.
Here are a few dates to keep in mind over the final run up to Christmas!
Don’t forget to check with your postage courier of choice to find the latest recommended posting dates to ensure delivery before Christmas Day! Royal Mail suggest shipping no later than Saturday 19th (2nd Class), Monday 21st (1st Class), and Wednesday 23rd (Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed) – but a more comprehensive list of recommended send dates is available on their website.
Note: Parcelforce’s same day collection service will not be available between Monday 14th December (today!) and the 31st, meaning that any collections arranged after the 14th will be collected the following day. Their last postage date is Thursday 24th, with final collection dates varying between Tuesday 22nd and Wednesday 23rd depending on your chosen service. Check their website for a full guide, including information on international shipping.
– Look up ‘last send’ dates for international shipping, as they will be a lot earlier than those for mainland UK!
– Before sending something, double check what is/isn’t allowed to be sent through the post, as well as how to properly stamp, address, and package your parcels.
Free Shipping Day
Friday 18th December marks Free Shipping Day 2015! “Free shipping. No minimum. Delivery by Christmas Eve.” If you plan on doing any of your remaining Christmas shopping online, this might be one to watch out. Check back on their website on the day to find all of the Free Shipping Day offers, as well as a list of participating retailers.
For items marked “in stock” (dispatched from and shipping within the UK), you’ll need to place your orders by the following dates to ensure arrival by Christmas Eve:
- Free Delivery/No Rush: 20th December, 11:59pm
- Standard Delivery/Standard Pickup: 21st December, 11:59pm
- One-Day Delivery: 23rd December, time dependant on item/location
- Express Delivery: 23rd December, time dependant on item/location – and availability!
- Same-Day (Evening Delivery): 24th December, only available in London, Bristol, Milton Keynes, Birmingham, Glasgow, and Edinburgh – orders by 12 noon, earlier if limited availability
– Marks & Spencer: 14th December for ‘Food to Order’ service (today!)
– Waitrose: Turkey orders must be in by today (14th December), either for collection or to be delivered between the 20th and 24th December
– Asda: 9pm, 22nd December, to be collected in store or for home delivery.
– Debenhams: 15th December (standard order), 9pm 23rd December (Click & Collect, Nominated Day, and Next Day delivery)
– Waterstones: 22nd December (1st Class/Courier Delivery), 23rd December (Click & Collect)
– ASOS: 23rd December, 8pm (daytime delivery on the 24th) 11:59pm (evening delivery)