Here’s the recipe for my new “Brain Fuel Shake”, which I’ve been taking as part of my ‘fuel’ experiment this month.
1 teaspoon each of…
- Chia seeds
- Maca (Energiser and re-mineralizer),
- Lucuma (Anti-inflammatory and supports the nervous system),
- Camu-camu (Vitamin C powerhouse for peak mental function),
- Spirulina (Ultimate superfood)
- Bee pollen (Energy enhancer + will help with your hayfever)
- Powdered raw cacao (super antioxidant)
Mix all into a glass and add 200ml of water. Soak in the fridge overnight.
In the morning add berries, ginger or fruit and 2 scoops of Hemp Protein. Shake or blend into a disgusting but super fuelling shake!
All of the above can be found in any health food shop, with the possible exception of Camu Camu, which I had to buy from Amazon instead.
This has been particularly recommended for me by Colette Heneghan from Optimum Living, given that I’m on the move a lot, spend a lot of time on trains and lead a busy lifestyle. So far I haven’t worked out how I get it to taste great, but plenty of raspberries and a touch of ginger make a bearable – it’s pretty neutral-tasting anyway.
Any other recommendations for a great start to the day?